MEXICAN STYLE CORNBREAD
- Complexity: easy
- 1 package of Calhoun Bend Mill's Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 425˚F.
- COMBINE mix and ingredients above; stir thoroughly.
- POUR batter into an oiled 8" baking pan, iron skillet, corn stick mold or muffin tin. If desired, non-stick cooking spray may be used.
- BAKE 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 15-20 minutes for corn sticks/muffins. Immediately remove baked bread from pan, serve and enjoy.
• Before baking, add to batter 6 strips of fried/crumbled bacon bits or 3/4 cup cooked ground beef or sausage along with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
• Before baking, add to batter 1 Cup drained, canned regular or Mexican style corn.