BEIGNET and SOPAPILLA
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 package of Calhoun Bend Mill's Beignet & Sopapilla Mix
- 1/3 Cup + 1 teaspoon WARM water.
- Cooking oil.
- COMBINE mix with water; stir vigorously until mix forms dough.
- KNEAD dough (using hands) 5-7 minutes, until smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed. Place dough in a bowl.
- COVER with a warm damp cloth, let rise in a warm place 30-40 minutes.
- ROLL dough on lightly floured surface until about 1/4” thick. Cut into 2” squares with a knife or pizza cutter.
- FRY in 375˚F oil (a few squares at a time) approximately 1 minute per side. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Serve IMMEDIATELY.
SERVE HOT WITH:
Honey, powdered sugar, butter, cinnamon-sugar, syrup, jam, jelly, or molasses.
• For New Orleans Style Beignets (French style Donuts) sprinkle with